The Massachusetts Framework for Educator Evaluation
On June 28, 2011, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education adopted new regulations (http://www.doe.mass.edu/lawsregs/603cmr35.html) for the evaluation of all Massachusetts educators. The regulations, which apply to both administrators and teachers throughout the state, are designed to:
- Promote growth and development amongst leaders and teachers,
- Place student learning at the center, using multiple measures of student learning, growth, and achievement,
- Recognize excellence in teaching and leading,
- Set a high bar for professional teaching status, and
- Shorten timelines for improvement.
This year Unit A is operating under a one year agreement on evaluation. The LEA is currently bargaining the contract language that will govern the evaluation process beginning next school year (2015-2016).