Professional License Renewal Resources
ELAR, or Educator Licensing and Recruitment, is the web-based system for applying for and renewing educator licenses in Massachusetts and accessing information about your account. You can create/access an ELAR account at Office of Educator Licensure
All educators holding professional-level educator licenses must renew their license(s) every five years. The expiration dates are listed on all Professional licenses. Paper copies of educator licenses are no longer mailed to educators. An unofficial copy of any license can be accessed in the ELAR system. Before applying to renew a Professional License, it is important to verify that all requirements have been completed.
- Documentation of 150 Professional Development Points (PDPs) for a primary license, Documentation of 30 PDPs for each additional license.
- An Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP).
- Educators who are employed in the role of the license must obtain appropriate administrator signatures.
- Completion of paper-based or online application for license renewal.
- Payment of any applicable fees.