- About the LEA – A brief introduction to our union.
- Committees – Information about each of the committees that work on behalf of the membership.
- Contact Us – Contact the LEA.
Authorized by Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 150 E, the LEA is the sole collective bargaining representative and the professional association of 789 educators. All LEA members are also members of the Massachusetts Teachers’ Association (97,000 members) and the National Education Association (2.7 million members).
- Unit A of the LEA is comprised of 650 professional, certified staff: regular and special education teachers, nurses, counselors, librarians, technology integration specialists, social workers, psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, and curriculum leaders.
- Unit C of the LEA is comprised of 133 Instructional Assistants (IAs) and Student Support Instructors (SSIs) who work with teachers at all levels to provide ESL and special education services.
- Unit D of the LEA is comprised of secretaries, clerks, student support personnel, and registrars.
- The Technology Unit of the LEA is comprised of 13 highly skilled hardware, software, and networking specialists.